2007 Laughingbird Christmas Design Competition

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Randy..., Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays to Everyone!!

It's been way too long here without a contest. My apologies.

So, we're going to kick off a new contest this coming Monday, December 3rd and we're coming all out with all kinds of goodies!

A mad shout out to Borpean for his awesome contest recommendation. This should be a fun one.

First, the contest details and rules.......

Contest Details:

You are creating a logo for a fictional theme/amusement park. For example: Disney Land, Disney MGM Studios, Six Flags, Holiday World. You come up with the name and even the theme of your park. Let your imagination run wild.

Rules: Read closely. There are some changes from previous contests.

1. Open to anyone. If you can read this thread and are a member/mod/admin, you can participate.
    2. Use anything in your arsenal -- clip arts, fonts, drawings -- whatever. But, please be careful with any copyrighted material.
    3. Submit no more than 2 designs. Yes, a little tighter than previous contests, but let's see how this works this time. No need to be first in line, take your time and create the best logo you can.
    4. Submit your design here in this thread.
    5. All work has to be done within a Laughingbird Software product.
    6. All logos are to be 560x360 pixels. (This is your TLC canvas size.) <--- Pay attention to this one.

How the voting will take place: Similar past voting with a twist.

The Laughingbird forum Mods will vote for the Top 10 best submissions. Then a separate thread with a poll for the Top 10 will be placed on the board for all of our members to vote for the Best of the Best.

Official member voting will begin on Wednesday, December 12th. You can vote for your top choice and cannot vote for yourself. (We'll have an eye on you.) The winner will be announced on Monday, December 17th right here on the forum.

Then, we're going to change up things a little bit. Alot of times, it's nice to allow for others to critique our work to help us become better designers. I know I always like for the veterans in the design field to point out possible suggestions on what might make my designs better. After the winner is announced, we're going to open up the floor for everyone to comment on the logos. Complete details on this after the contest is over.

Prizes: 'Tis the season of giving! I think you're going to like what the winner takes home.

1. Donated by the one and only Borpean, a MASCOT of your choice. Dave will create you a mascot of your choice for free. Check out his skills at www.mascots2go.com. Dave has created many elements you'll find within the TLC products.

2. Chris (aka Mac27) will be throwing in 3 free logo templates from www.tlctemplates.com. Which by the way, for the prices Chris has on his TLC templates, you may just end up paying for them all after you get the free ones. They are very affordable and Chris has a great eye for design.

3. The winner will also receive a Laughingbird Product of choice!! (Marc always has a giving heart.) Your choice of any of the great Laughingbird Software products - The Logo Creator, The Web Graphics Creator, The Ad Creator or The Corporate Identity Creator. (Sorry, but this does exclude the MegaPak Logo Collection. Marc does have to buy his kids some presents this year. lol!)

Rights:
    By entering your submission, you agree that Laughingbird Software can use your entry for any publicity and marketing purposes worldwide, indefinitely. This might include publication in ‘traditional’ media or online. You will retain copyright to your entry, so you are perfectly free to enter it into other contest, publish it, or sell it.

So, there you have it. Let's have some fun and as always I leave you with, "this is a great way to kick start your creativity, showcase your talent & improve your design skills."

This thread will open on December 3rd.

The winner will be announced on Monday, December 17th right here on the forum.
  2. paperguy63

Message Count:
    Love a good contest!!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• hjas.jpg
      hjas.jpg
      File size:
      99.3 KB
      Views:
  3. ahorvath

Message Count:
    ok here you go.. first try

I was not sure whether the contest logos should be posted here or sent separately via email. I try this option...
    enjoy

[​IMG]

Alex

Attached Files:

4. vickival

Message Count:
    Dizzyland

Here's my attempt at this fun contest!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Please make sure you're paying attention to all the guidelines -- ie, logo size.

Also, I've cleaned up the posts without logos in them, just to help when it comes to voting.
  6. meinrosebud

Message Count:
    Absolutely Lame World

Here is my humble attempt

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. gplus

Message Count:
    Submission # 1

:image07-1:

What Fun!!

And this is it.....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Jim B

Message Count:
    Viking World

I could sure use that Borpean artwork! :)
    Here is my first submission.
    JimB

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Illeana

Message Count:
    I thought i would have a go at this still new(ish) to the product so please be kind .. :image01:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Hi everyone -- thanks for the logos so far. I see some are already having fun with the contest.

Unfornately, I've had to remove several that did not follow the contest theme.

Be sure to read the entire first post in this thread for the guidelines and rules. I really hate that you'd eliminate yourself from the contest.
  11. Spinelli

Message Count:
    Hello! Here is my first one...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Borpean

Message Count:
    Very cool start! Can you imagine all of these theme parks? I wonder who has the best ride!

Remember to keep it simple. The images are great but make sure the text or title stands out (I'm talking to everyone).

Great job so far! Voting will be tough
  13. jmp

Message Count:
    logo contest

My submission

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    here`s my first attempt, i made the loco myself hope you like, it was enjoyable to do:image28::image28:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hosted on image shack
  15. vickival

Message Count:
    Here's my 2nd attempt. Wish I could do more. :image09:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Graphiti

Message Count:
    Here is my logo for the contest. This is a lot of fun :)

Nicole

[​IMG]
  17. 7azturners

Message Count:
    Here's my entry...

fun contest!:image28:
    Melinda
    [​IMG]
  18. billwhite

Message Count:
    Logo contest

[​IMG]
  19. donalie

Message Count:
    Logo Contest

Here you go! Couldn't ignor Christmas....It's "in the air." :image28:
    (I used an image of an elf submitted by KD Kid. Thanks KD!)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.